This lesson covers three kinds of forces that don't require contact in order to have an effect. Gravity pulls on objects. Electricity and magnetism can push or pull. Remember, the definition of force is pushing or pulling on an object. Friction is also talked about in this lesson.
We will be conducting an investigation into these forces tomorrow in Science.
1) Forces have both _______________ and _______________. (fill in the blanks) What does this mean?
2) What objects exert (meaning, create or have) a gravitational force?
3) What causes magnetism and electricity?
4) How does friction affect movement?
5) List a example of the effect of gravity, magnetism, electricity, and friction.